Haymarket Media Limited
Notice to Customers relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance ("the Ordinance")
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ THIS NOTICE. IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT OR HAVE ANY QUESTIONS CONCERNING THIS NOTICE. PLEASE CONTACT US.
1. You are not obliged to provide Haymarket Media Limited (Haymarket) with your personal data. However, such provision is necessary so as to enable Haymarket to deliver news products or services which you have requested. By providing your personal data by Haymarket in accordance with this notice.
2. The purposes for which your personal data may be used are as follows:
(i) the daily operation of the content, services and products provided to you;
(ii) meeting the requirements to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on Haymarket;
(iii) informing you of any products or services (including products and services of Haymarket's business partners) which Haymarket believes may be of interest to customers;
(iv) designing services or products for customers' use;
(v) marketing and/or cross-marketing services or products;
(vi) conducting survey and/or market research; and
(vii) purposes relating to the above.
3. Your personal data held by Haymarket will be kept confidential but Haymarket may disclose and transfer such information to the following parties, whether within or outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China ("Hong Kong"), for the purpose as set out in clause 2 above:
(i) any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, market research, cross-marketing, survey computer and technical support, printing, payment or other services to Haymarket in connection with the operation of its business;
(ii) business partners or certain third parties in order for customers to be kept informed of products or services which Haymarket believes may be of interest to customers (including products and services of those business partners and third parties);
(iii) any other person or organization under a duty of confidentiality to Haymarket which has undertaken to keep such information confidential; and
(iv) any party to whom Haymarket is required or permitted by law or any regulatory authority to make disclosure.
4. Where the party as stated in Clause 3 above is situated outside Hong Kong in a place that does not have data protection laws in Hong Kong. In any event, Haymarket will remain responsible for ensuring the confidentiality of your personal data which will be subject to appropriate security measures.
5. You have the right to:
(i) access to personal data held by Haymarket about you or your account and update or correct such data;
(ii) request for information on items of personal data about you which Haymarket may routinely disclose to its business partners of cross marketing and administrative purposes;
(iii) access to personal data about you so held by those service providers and/or business partners and update and correct such data;
(iv) request Haymarket to discontinue in sending marketing information to you; and
(v) ascertain Haymarket's policies and practices in relation to personal data and be informed of the kind of personal data held by Haymarket.
6. Haymarket reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any request(s) made under Clauses (5)(i) and (5)(ii).
7. Your personal data will only be retained by Haymarket for as long as necessary for the needs of its business or is permitted by local legislation.
8. You shall promptly notify and contact Haymarket as set out below of any charge in your personal data or other information supplied to Haymarket.
9. The person to whom requests for access to personal data or correction of such data or for information regarding Haymarket's policies and practices and kinds of personal data held or regarding receipt of marketing materials or otherwise is to be addressed as follows:
Haymarket Media Limited
23/F The Centrium, 60 Wyndham Street, Central, Hong Kong
Tel: +852 3118 1500 Fax: +852 2968 0755
10. For all purposes, the English language text shall prevail.